Sunday, October 4, 2009

Free antivirus or Mcafee???

Should I go out and buy one or should I download a free one? Has anyone had any problems with these FREE antivirus softwares?



Free antivirus or Mcafee???hijackthis



Just like opinions, everyone is going to have a different one, so you would have to do some trial %26 error here. Some solutions work for some and not for others.



C/Net is a safe , trusted download site that offers free, shareware downloads that are also rated by their reviewers and end-users like you and I. Perhaps you should begin here:



http://www.download.com/Security-Spyware...



Personally, I would make the purchase after trying the program for free. That way you can see what works for you. I also want the extra product support - 24/7 in some cases - and the virus definitions that come with the paid versions vs most of the free ones that I have tried. Some of the free versions do not protect my computers totally.



Kapersky is GREAT and has a 30 day free trial - I use the Enterprise version because I have 5 computers on my home network.!



http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/



Free antivirus or Mcafee???malware



niether, go out and buy zone alarm security suite
I highly recommend Trend Micro's PC-cillin. I have seen it detect and remove viruses that AVG, Norton and McAfee have all missed.
mcafee uses a lot of your proccessing power

No comments:

Post a Comment