Thursday, October 1, 2009

AVG Free Antivirus and Limewire?

Hello all, I have a new laptop on which I've downloaded AVG free antivirus. A teen ager cousin of mine downloaded Limewire (free) on my laptop and used it a few times. Last night, AVG found a dozen threats (Trojan Horses). Thankfully it also fixed those threats (moved 1 to its archive and deleted the rest of the files).



My question is this - could I still have viruses on my machine that AVG didn't pick up? Is there anyway to find and fix them as well?



I'm going to uninstall Limewire right away.



Thanks.



GG_007



AVG Free Antivirus and Limewire?spyware removal



Yes it is extremely possible. Not only does AVG have a tendancy of doing so (Due to its apprx. 87.5% Detection rate).



Some of the so-called "Trojans" it found could be also a false-positive. Meaning, AVG thought it was a trojan but it really isn't.



I suggest switching to this solution, I provide a 100% free solution:



Also, when using LimeWire, you MUST be extremely aware of what you are downloading.



After researching many statistics, opinions, and popularity of each program, I have concluded that the following programs are best suited to recovering and protecting a computer from any Malicious Software or Viruses. Thank you all for reading %26 Hope I鈥檝e helped in Advanced. BTW: I have used %26 tested ALL of these programs in advanced!! -Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment